The big job of the day was converting this full-sun area that had been under occultation for a long time (not sure when I put the tarp down!).
It had been long enough that I found basically no viable Cynodon dactylon rhizomes further than a foot in from the edges—they were all brown and rotting. I did find a lot of rocks, though:
I planted and staked four more tomatoes (Green Vernissage and Juliet) and made cages to keep the chickens off the little plants. Then I partly mulched the area.
Still need to install ~6″ mulch containment fence around the bed areas, thanks to the chickens. Then I will also mulch the paths. I also have some native perennials to plant in the other ends of the bed spaces from the tomatoes.
A couple of shots from the bed out of frame to the left of the previous photo:
And that was enough for the day…