- Planted 28 Eryngium yuccafolium (rattlesnake master) seedlings from one wintersowing container in the new bed I finished Monday
- Also planted in the same bed the two Eryngium giganteum ‘Miss Willmott’s Ghost’ that came up from seed
- Dreamed of a whole garden section full of different Eryngium and Echinops species
- Did not realize I should have cut the grass while I had a chance. I still thought the ground was too soggy
- Inexplicably awake at 4:45am (well, the pain flare-up that started Tuesday probably helps explain it). By then I knew days of rain would be starting again by mid-morning, so I planned to get up and cut the grass after animal care. But it was already starting to drizzle while I did animal care.
- I ran around and got my last four tomato plants, one pepper plant, and three butternut squash plants in the ground and mulched things before the full deluge started
- Day 7 of nine guinea eggs in incubator. Candled them and eight of them were fertile and developing!
- Lurkey spent the day in the neighbors’ yard instead of mine
- Worked too long and got slightly ill in the evening
- Lurkey was back in the neighbors’ yard in the first part of the day. I tried to coax him back to his normal area on my lunch break, but he was having none of it.
- However, at the end of my work day, he was roaming my yard, the goat pasture, and down the road a bit. I am now remembering that around this time last year is when he started to not be quite so aggressive and focused on the neighbors’ chicken run, and began exploring the surrounding areas.
- Pulled three cement-mixing-trays full of weeds and grass
- Pruned back seeding heads of Lunaria annua in northeast corner of house bed area
- Got excited about more henbane flowers:
- Enjoyed this area: