- random weeding, pruning, trimming
- hosted outdoors-only, socially-distanced guest for garden tour
- planted out 5 basil seedlings
- added mulch-containment ~6″ chicken wire fence around south-side-of-house-bed, connecting all the way around the big redbud, finally creating one big bed border
- curbside pick up of 16 8-foot steel-core garden stakes and 50 4-foot bamboo stakes at Lowe’s
- finished mulching within the newly created bed area
The little chicken wire fence sort of ruins the neat visual effect of the Victorian trench, but is necessary to have any hope of the mulch staying in place, given that there are at least five chickens free ranging at any time.